- Professional Engineer:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- NCEES #29209
- LEED Accredited Professional
- NSPE (National Society of Professional Engineers)
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineer
- NCHEA (NC Healthcare Engineers Association)
- NC State: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, 1993
Stephen Turner, P.E., LEED AP
Partner and Vice President – Operations
Stephen Turner is the Vice President of Operations for AME. With over 30 years of experience, he is considered an expert in electrical engineering design, specifically for healthcare facilities. Stephen, and his team, have designed and managed a diverse range of projects for clients ranging from the federal government and Department of Defense to local municipalities, commercial, educational, and healthcare clients.
He is responsible for the electrical design and construction documentation, specification, supervision of electrical and communications design staff, and services required during construction. Stephen’s project management duties also include cost estimating, budgeting, quality control coordination of electrical / communications project designs.
Known as the “go to” professional when high quality engineering and responsive services are needed, Stephen values clear communications and innovative, cost efficient solutions. His specialties include: electrical medium/low voltage power distribution, grounding, heavy equipment connections, lightning protections, generators, switchgear (including paralleling gear), and lighting.
Areas of Specialty
- High, medium and low voltage power distribution systems
- Emergency power distribution design
- Standby Generators, Paralleling Gear
- Grounding systems design
- Interior and all auxiliary systems (fire alarm, telecommunications, CATV, lightning, protection systems, security, paging) design